Smoothie celebration at it’s best with today’s special smoothie ingredient – fresh ginger!
But before I share my “Ginger Vanilla Frosty” recipe with you, let’s talk ginger. Fresh, spicy, and pungent ginger!
Did you know…
- Ginger is an herb? (that is new to me!)
- Helps prevent motion sickness (even better than over the counter products!)
- Helps promote sweating (perfect during flu season to detoxify quicker!)
- Settles an upset stomach and intestinal gas
- …and very effective for morning sickness!
- Has high anti-inflammatory benefits
- Big booster for your immune system
- Can be used fresh, powdered, juiced, or dehydrated!
Let’s hear it for the ginger!
Now you may begin today’s smoothie celebration! Let’s give a big shout-out for…
GINGER VANILLA FROSTY!
1. Make fresh almond milk
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 – 2 cups water
– blend nuts and water in high-speed blender (Click HERE to see what blender I use!)
– add more water or almonds to desired taste
– straining the nut milk is not necessary – the pulp adds fiber!
– thumb-size piece of fresh ginger (peeled) | adjust to your taste
– 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped or 1 tsp vanilla (alcohol-free)
– blend well
– frozen bananas and blend to desired consistency
Enjoy your smoothie celebration and share this post with a friend too so they can celebrate with us!
PS. To check out a video of how to peel, cut and store ginger, click —> HERE!