Shake up Your Smoothie With This One Unique Tasting Ingredient!
You know me, I am always for adventure and trying new things. So be adventurers with me and shake up
your morning by trying this one very unique ingredient in your next blended drink!
It’s a super food.
It will give your morning shake a mega boost of B vitamins, folic acid, potassium, thiamin, niacin, and chromium. And guess what? It’s low in sodium, fat, carbs, and calories too! If that is not enough, it’s also considered a probiotic, helping with digestion. How cool is that?!
It has a bold taste!
A little bit will go a long way, so be careful and start out with just a teaspoon. It will add a very unique bold flavor. Some say it has a bitter taste. I think it’s more of a nutty taste.
Can you guess the ingredient I’m talking about?! Guess no more.
It’s brewers yeast!
Yes brewers yeast. I’m anxious for you to try it and tell me what you think! Check out this link to see all the benefits of brewers yeast HERE!
Now for the recipe…
- 1 -2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon brewers yeast
- 1/2 vanilla bean scraped or 1 tsp vanilla (alcohol-free)
- frozen bananas
1. almond milk
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 – 2 cups water
– blend nuts and water in high-speed blender
– add more water or almonds to desired taste
– straining the nut milk is not necessary – the pulp adds fiber!
2. Add brewers yeast, vanilla bean or tsp vanilla & blend well
3. Add frozen bananas and blend to desired consistency
Shakes are like smoothies – just not as thick. So if you are wanting a thicker version of this recipe just add more frozen bananas and you will have yourself a smoothie!
– Brewers yeast is not a raw product and may contain gluten.
– To discover the difference between brewers yeast and nutritional yeast click to watch this video HERE!
PS. If you enjoyed this recipe – click and share with a friend (or two).
PPS. If you REALLY enjoyed this recipe there are plenty more where that came from!
Go ahead. Treat Yourself!