Raw carrot cake using left over pulp from juicing?
Raw carrot cake sounds delicious. But made from juice pulp? But think about it…
What do you normally do with the carrot pulp after you juice? If you are like me, I used to throw it away. But not anymore. I discovered a great way to use my left-over pulp from juicing!
Before you say “no way”. Because I’m going to show you how to make the most delicious, easy-to-make, carrot cake using the left over pulp from juicing carrots.
So don’t throw that pulp away anymore!
You could also add the pulp from juiced apples too. That would add more sweetness to this recipe. But first, give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Raw Carrot Cake
- 2 cups of carrot pulp
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of raisins or more
- 1/2 – 1 cup of chopped dates
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
In a food processor pulse the dates, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla & agave.
Then combine nut mixture with the carrot pulp, oat flour & raisins.
Adjust seasonings to taste.
Form into loaf and freeze (easier to spread topping on cake when frozen)
* Oat flour: made by processing rolled oats in a food processor
* Add carrot juice (or even apple) for a more moist cake
* Add lemon zest for a more tart taste
Right before serving top with Sweet Cream
sprinkled with fresh coconut!
Now for the topping…
- 1/2 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- 1-3 medjool
- Add a few drops of almond or vanilla flavoring
– Blend in high-powered blender until thick and creamy.
– Spread cream on top of cake right before serving as it tends to discolor.
– Sprinkle cake with fresh grated carrots, lemon or orange zest for added pizazz!
PS. Next time your juicing carrots try adding these two simple ingredients to make it hot & spicy!
Recipe >>> HERE!
* Here’s another paleo version of the raw carrot cake that looks yummy too!
Recipes That Work With Your Body Cycle!
Treat yourself to “Sweet Encounter with Raw Dessert” !
• 90 plus guilt-free, gluten-free, raw vegan desserts.
• 50 plus motivating tips to encourage & educate.
• 3 generations of prize-winning recipes, (including Great Mom’s sugar
cookies — not raw but hey it’s family!)
• How Kelly stocks her pantry & her favorite kitchen gadgets.
• Plus JohnnaBrynn.com mouth-watering photography!