Milk Alternatives … Holy Cow!
Did you know…?
- The milk that you think is good for you and your bones, is actually contributing to the deterioration of your bones, organs and waistline.
- The protein molecule in cow’s milk is too difficult for the human body to break down.
- Milk is pasteurized, so any good attributes it may have had are cooked out, including its enzymes.
- American women have consumed an average of two quarts a day for their entire lives, according to the National Institute of Disability and Research, it’s estimated that 30 percent of post-menopausal white women in U.S. have osteoporosis of spine, hip or arm.
- It is also the most mucus-forming foods we can consume. (no wonder my kids always had runny noses and ear infections!)
Now don’t have a cow… there are other options!
Especially if you have digestion problems, allergic to dairy products, or just don’t want to keep wiping that nose… here are 3 of my favorite healthy milk alternatives made by using nuts or seeds!
- Brazil nut
- Hemp seed
Oh and of course there is rice milk, soy milk, oat milk and coconut milk for you to choose from too!
Making your own nut-n-seed milks in a Blend-tec high-powered blender is a breeze…
For starters, give my “So Berri Nice” smoothie a try… or another big hit with my family is my “Milky Way” smoothie!
“So Berri Nice”
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 1/2 – 2 cups water
Frozen berries of your choice
Blend nuts and water in high-speed blender – now you have your milk!
Add frozen bananas and frozen berries of your choice
Blend to desired thickness – Enjoy!
PS. By all means share these milk alternatives and my special berry smoothie with a friend!