A mother expresses her love in many ways!
The way your mother expressed love to you when you were born was the first and most important love imparted to you in your life. Her love for you is unconditional and goes deeper than any words could ever express. She loved you before you were even born!
- was your very first caregiver.
- imparted warmth, security and trust as she held you close.
- was your first connection to what love is.
- taught you about relationships.
- cared for, fed, nourished, educated and trained you!
What are the 5 ways a mother expresses love? She awakens all your senses and here’s how!
1. Touch – A momma’s touch says “you belong”!
2. Eye contact – It’s through a mother’s look that a child “drinks” in love! (No matter how old they are!)
3. Voice – A mother’s voice helps you feel valued and accepted and when she affirms you with a tender voice the fear of rejection and failure have no room in your heart!
4. Smell – Your momma has a unique kind of a smell. Even the smells that come from her kitchen are one-of-a-kind! One way she shows her love for you is by teaching and training you in her culinary skills!
5. Taste – When your mom takes the time to cook and feed you, she is expressing love. She’s nourishing you to health in every way – body, soul and spirit! Did your mother express love perfectly?
Did she do the best she could with the love she had?
There are no perfect mothers or ones that can meet all your needs. Your mom did the best she could with what she had!
Today (and everyday) let’s celebrate by honoring our momma’s that gave us life!
Learning her love language would be one great way to begin!