My 5 Tips for vegans at non-vegan parties are super easy!
These 5 tips for vegans are not only easy but will create non-hassle environment wherever you go. It will be no big deal what your eating choices are nor will you stand out like a sore thumb! Being vegan can be challenging at times, especially during holiday parties. But when you try my 5 tips, being vegan won’t be an issue at all!
As a vegetarian for over 20 years, I have discovered a few creative tips when attending holiday parties with family and friends (or any type of party). Check em out!
Check list for your next non-vegan party!
- TAKE A DESSERT. I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t love desserts! Desserts are a great way to introduce raw healthy food – even for those who are not interested. Besides, who says you have to say it’s healthy? My recipes from my “Sweet Encounter with Raw Desserts” book (also an eBook) are always a big hit of a party!
- FILL A BOWL WITH COLOR. Add cranberries, walnuts and feta for a festive look to a bowl of spinach and chopped kale. Toss with a tangy citrus dressing. Or scoop out the center of a head of cabbage, red or green peppers and fill with guacamole or humus. Place the “veggie bowl” in the center of a tray and arrange veggies around it and WOW your family and friends! Also my Red, white and Guilt-free raw Pie would be amazing too! Colorful artsy food always puts a smile on everyone’s face!
- LEAVE THE “LOOK” HOME. You know the “look”. The one that speaks a thousand words without even saying one. The look that makes a judgment with just one lift of the brow and communicates “Ewwww…. you are going to eat that?” Instead of giving the look, focus on fun, family and friends and leave the “look” at home. (Oops home probably isn’t a good place for the look either!).
- GIVE THE GIFT OF GRACE. What others eat is actually none of your business. You are responsible for you and you only. Not the whole world. Come to think of it, that in itself is freeing. That’s grace… a beautiful gift to give others!
- GIVE THANKS. Perhaps the most important reminder of all is to relax and enjoy the party! Pause for a moment, look around and make a mental list of what you are thankful for. I’m thankful for my health and most of all celebrating with family and friends!
Health to you and yours!
PS. Enjoyed these 5 tips for vegans? Share this post with a friend!