5 Easy Ways to Let Go of Toxins!
No wonder people don’t like to fast! The detoxification process is no fun but is inevitable and very much plays a role in your healing – body, soul and spirit.
The headaches, fatigue, joint pains, hives, cough, indigestion, bad breath, sore throat, skin rashes, stiff neck, constipation, backache, depression, frequent colds, insomnia, sinus congestion, dizziness, fever, anxiety and mood changes are to be expected but not always easy to endure!
Always remember each fast is different and builds upon the next – so fasting does get easier.
Here are 5 paths of elimination that are accelerated during a fast.
- Lungs: take in pounds of pollutants and are constantly eliminating volumes of toxic gases each minute. Oxygen is our most important nutrient.
- Skin: our largest eliminative organ
- Kidney: eliminates fluid wastes from the body and continuously purifies the blood stream.
- Colon: eliminates solid wastes and absorbs water from foods.
- Liver: most important detoxifier of all the organs because it takes poisons, neutralizes them and stores what it good.
So during a fast, how can we work with these 5 paths in order to make way for elimination? Try a few of these simple tips and LET GO of those toxins!
- Lungs: Exercise is one of the best ways to detoxify the lungs. So get moving!
- Skin: Loofa, exposing your skin to sun and air, saunas and steam baths all work wonders. If you live near a beach, the ocean water makes for a great cleanser too.
- Kidneys: Give the “kids” a rest and drink lots of water, herbal teas or juice it up with some watermelon or cranberry juice.
- Colon: Colonics, enemas, (I know…not very fun), psyllium seed drinks, herbs and teas for this pathway!
- Liver: Fasting with raw juices and herbs will make your liver very happy, plus don’t forget to exercise.
Believe it or not, utilizing these 5 easy path-ways will help make your fasting experience much more enjoyable!
PS. One of my favorite ways to help in the detoxification process is to get a full body massage (light one of course) which is one of the best ways you can do to assist in your cleanse!